Job Summary • To manage the sales and service function of the assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support and service for direct customers to assist them into achieving proper results in the application of the product.
- Generates new account base to ensure the future growth of the company and that long range sales projections are met.
- Ensures that all accounts are serviced at the frequency required to maintain maximum gross margin.
- Promotes products with high gross profit.
- Obtains data on competitor’s products, people and strategy whenever possible.
- Maintain product inventories at full service customers.
- Maintains accurate inventory records of water treatment products, reagents and equipment at local warehouse facility.
- Completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders, service reports, expense reports, call activity reports and monthly schedules. Sends all reports to Corporate.
- Provides response to customer complaints and emergencies.
- Continues to upgrade product/system knowledge to keep up with changing technology.
- Communicates all problems which detract from the effectiveness of the Field Selling efforts to the attention of Corporate, with recommendations for correction.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities: Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
BS/BA Degree or 2-plus years of experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be currently certified by AWT (Association of Water Technologists) as a CWT (Certified Water Technologist).
- Computer Skills: Ability to the use the following: Email and Calendar System (Outlook), Word Processing Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Web Browsers. Includes the ability to learn other computer programs as used in the industry.
- Equipment: Multi-functional printer, computer, keyboard (speed 35 wpm).
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Ability to balance requirements of multiple and varied duties.
- Traveling or long periods in automobile while within the territory.
- Physical/Sensory functions occasionally include the following: climbing or balancing, lifting or moving up to 75 lbs.
- Physical/Sensory functions regularly include the following: standing, walking, sitting, using hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, speaking, hearing, smelling.
- Vision requirements include the following: close vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision 20 feet or more, ability to adjust focus and to see color.
- There may be the following environmental conditions: wet or humid, working near moving mechanical parts, work in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold or hot non weather related, risk of electrical shock, or vibrations. May experience loud noise levels.
State and Federal Regulations:
- OSHA: Complies with all occupational safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations and orders issued under the Act.