Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Entry Level
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Johnstone Supply of New Orleans and Baton Rouge is one of the premier U.S. Distributors of parts and products to the HVAC/R Repair Trade (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Contractors), which also include MRO and property maintenance. We excel at providing technicians with over 26,000 products supported by superior technical advice and customer service so that we can get the job done. More information about our organization can be found on our website:
It is critical that qualified candidates have great attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills to be successful in this role with Johnstone Supply.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Making local deliveries around the greater New Orleans metropolitan area on a daily basis
- Making route deliveries to our Slidell and Baton Rouge stores on a daily basis
Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- Taking an order from the warehouse and staging it for customer’s access. Picking orders accurately is a must and attention to detail is a daily occurrence.
- Fulfill the role of an Order Processor, Stocker, or Replenisher
- Processors are responsible for unloading, checking in, and labeling product.
- Stockers are responsible for stocking checked-in product on shelves or in bins.
- Replenishers are responsible for ensuring that products needed are readily available.
Requirements of the job Include:
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Maintain company vehicles and fuel logs
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift up to 70 pounds.
- The employee is required to talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Lead and coordinate warehouse operations including delivery scheduling, inbound and outbound processes, safety requirements, and special customer requirements.
- Shipping, receiving, picking and putting away orders.
- Assist other drivers with loading and unloading trucks.
- Maintain warehouse. Keep shelves and floor in clean condition.
- Follow all established warehouse Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Drive on an as-needed basis
Full-time employees are expected to work 40 hours per week, plus the possibility of overtime as workload dictates.
Driving requirements include:
- Clean Driving record
- Chauffer’s License Class D
Vehicles may range up to 25900 GVW
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
Thank you for reviewing our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click the Apply Button.