Superior Energy Services – Completion Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has the technology, resources and experience to deliver effective sand control and stimulation services in any down hole condition. Challenging completions on the shelf, in deepwater and in ultra-deepwater arenas demand state-of-the-art technology that reduces risk, increases completion efficiencies and maximizes production. Superior Energy's field proven best-in-class sand control tools and stimulation services minimize risk, reduce completion costs and deliver optimized completions. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking a Tool Assembler to join our team in Lafayette, LA. The Tool Assembler is responsible for assembly and maintenance of service tools that come into the shop. This position will require use of forklifts and cranes and cleaning parts with sandpaper/buffers. Must have good communication skills and ability to work with others in a team setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly employees must fully comply with all company Safety and Security policies including use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report injuries, accidents, near misses or unsafe conditions to a Manager or Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure equipment is operating properly and safely before use. Complete required documentation to safely utilize equipment. Report damaged equipment or damage to facility to a Manager or Supervisor Immediately.
- Ensure products are loaded and unloaded onto trucks/ trailers safely and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
- Provide outstanding service to our Customers. Ensure that service tool components are cleaned, oil dipped, soft assembled, and properly staged.
- Follow all Quality Procedures on Assembly, Testing, Preservation, Packaging and Storage of Products.
- Adhere to ‘on call / off call’ work schedule, being available on short notice around the clock on ‘on call’ week. Overtime is not permitted unless scheduled or prior approved by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Arrive at work on time and clock in and out as scheduled.
- Comply with company policy for breaks and lunches. Cell phone and personal use of computer is limited to breaks and lunch time only.
- Carry out daily activities with Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure the quality and quantity of work meets performance expectations as set by Management.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed and documentation is maintained and accurate. This includes an accurate and timely transfer of materials out of the assembly area.
- Participate in training and cross-training within other areas of assembly to utilize labor efficiently and to prevent downtime or disruption to operations.</li>
- Assist loading and unloading of tool baskets.
- Ability to work long hours and be on-call during a 24/7 shift is required.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and operate a crane is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior warehouse experience is highly preferred and/or oil tool assembly experience is ideal.
Education: High School diploma, or GED, is required
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan