The Convent Refinery is in the process of hiring for Experiened Process Operators for starts in Winter of 2018 and Summer of 2018.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
The selected candidates will be responsible for monitoring, controlling, starting and stopping equipment (such as pumps, furnaces, etc.) that pertain to unit operation and taking corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are following the Company’s safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring strict compliance with the Company’s safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed
- Ensuring proper turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends
- Maintaining good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (Utilities, Logistics, etc.).
- Actively participating in the development and performance of assigned group tasks
- Performing required unit production quality control checks and analysis
- Ensuring that operations are within environmental permitting requirements
- Performing required preventative maintenance and assisting in the troubleshooting of potential issues while aiding others when unit problems occur
- Ensuring efforts are documented in accordance with policies and procedures
- Communicating with engineers, maintenance technicians and other team members to assist in identifying maintenance issues and planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- Properly using personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures
- Actively assuming personal accountability for meeting the Company’s standards of continuous personal and professional development
- Participating in training and responding to emergency situations as required
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures
- Ensuring that work stations and the work location are clean and free of hazards
- Other responsibilities as assigned