As a Matco distributor, you get to put the highest quality tools and equipment in the hands of automotive technicians and mechanics that rely on our products every day. By selling customers the tools they need, you build your business and write your own paycheck. AND you get to do this while being a part of a team that provides you with all of the support you need to get your business off to a good start. In fact, when you join our team, Matco will provide you with a list of 325 potential customers to call on – it’s our way of ensuring that your transition is as easy as possible. Whether you have experience working with tools or have a background in sales or other business functions, Matco Tools wants to put you on the road to success.
- Conduct weekly outside sales visits to customers during normal business hours
- Meet and build relationships with mechanics, technicians and managers within the automotive –truck, marine and aviation industries
- Call on businesses listed on prospect list
- Determine and fulfill your customers’ tool and equipment needs efficiently and reliably
- Maintain inventory on mobile store, ensuring that you have the products customers need, when they need them
- Secure first payment, documenting remaining payments and balance cash drawer
- Place new sales orders, manage inventory and analyze sales reports using your onboard laptop computer
- Prepare Matco mobile store with appropriate tools and equipment inventory for sales stops
- Work closely with a Matco District Manager and our Customer Service team to ensure that you’re getting the support you need to better service your customers
Matco team members come from a wide range of backgrounds. Your success does not hinge on your previous work history. Here are some basic qualifications that Team Matco looks for:
- No computer skills are required but are helpful – we have a simple “point-and-click” system
- Basic math ability – addition and subtraction is required; strong time and cash management skills are a plus
- Strong verbal communication and people skills
- Flexibility – willing to follow a proven New Franchise Business Owner Success model
- Self-motivated, possesses a strong work ethic, positive attitude and a desire to succeed
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive a larger non-commercial vehicle
- Service. Trust. Results. That’s the name of the game.
- Ability to help write your own paycheck
- In-house financing available for qualified candidates
- Comprehensive 70+ hour training course includes both product training and business courses
- Ongoing business training, support and guidance
- Exclusive list of 325 potential customers
- Matco Distributor Business System – simple point-and-click software to track sales, inventory, account balance and more
- Be a part of a profitable company in a growing industry
- Operate during normal business hours – Monday through Friday
About Matco Tools
Since 1979, the mission of Matco Tools has been to provide professional mechanics and auto enthusiasts with all of the premium tools, storage and equipment they need to get the job done, while also offering best-in-class service and customer support. The company’s network of 1,500 premier independent mobile distributors is focused on developing and maintaining trust-based relationships with its customers and has increased its revenues by an average of 8% in each of the last three years. Ranked among the top 30 in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2014 Franchise 500®, the company continues to expand throughout the United States and Canada, adding several hundred mobile stores each year.
Matco Tools - SERVICE. TRUST. RESULTS.
The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a Franchise Disclosure Document. Certain jurisdictions require registration prior to the offer or sale of a franchise. We do not offer franchises in jurisdictions where we are not registered (or exempt from registration).
Hiring Organization: NMTC, Inc. d/b/a Matco Tools, a Danaher Company