We are currently seeking a EXPERIENCED MECHANICAL TRIMMER to join our team. Please note that this work is location in Pennsylvania. Must be willing to relocate.
Under the direct supervision of the Foreperson, an Experienced Mechanical Trimmer:
- Plans, assigns, directs, checks, and coordinates work.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of production and for following safe practices and rules while clearing and trimming trees and brush away from utility lines.
- Must be familiar with the electrical hazard.
- Removes branches and tree material.
- Operates and Trims trees from an extended boom up to a distance of 75 feet.
- Operates a Bucket near energized lines.
- Cleans up and disposes of all debris.
- Operates and services equipment, such as gasoline, hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, bucket, chipper, and sprayers.
- Uses hand-tools, such as axes, hand-lines, saws, block and tackle, pruners, etc.
- Sprays brush and stumps, making proper and selective application of herbicides.
- Obtains written or oral permission from property owners to trim or remove trees or perform other work on property. Arranges with customer or property owner to obtain access, advises of interruption, explains work to be done, etc.
- Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through the effective accomplishment of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew.
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around work area
- Cooperates with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways.
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public.
- Trains new personnel.
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Drive Side Trimmer with hand and foot controls.
- Works in traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, gas drills and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Possesses working knowledge and be able to identify tree and shrub species.
- Exposed to hazards of working near power equipment, traffic, high voltage wires, and falling limbs.
- Due to the nature of our business, employees are required to work on a variety of different properties, including school grounds and private property. Therefore, individuals convicted of a sexual offense that limits or restricts the areas to which they may go or who are a registered sex offender in any state or national database do not meet the qualifications for employment.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with other crew members and fully understand instructions and information.
- Must be familiar with electrical hazards.
- Work demands physical energy, twisting, some lifting ability, and hand-to-eye coordination.
- Uses machines, tools, equipment, and work aides used include chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools as required.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass a background check / MVR according to region guidelines.
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the Corporate EEO Officer at 1-800-248-8733.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.