- LA |
- Jobs |
- Manual (Lathe) Machinist-Geismar, LA
Manual (Lathe) Machinist-Geismar, LA
The 1st Class Industrial Manual (Lathe) Machinist will be responsible for machining parts to specification using tools such as lathes, Milling machines, Radial Arm Drill press, Surface Grinders, Key Seater, Lapping Machine, Horizontal and Vertical press and a Balancing Machine.
Additionally, the position will require:
- Familiarization with shaft straightening
- Fabrication of parts such as shafts, bushings, couplings, etc.
- Repair bearing housings, re-bushing bearing sleeve.
- The assembly/disassembly of mechanical equipment such as: Pumps, Gearboxes, Electric Motors, etc.
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers
- Measuring, examining and testing completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers
- Studying sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Installing repaired parts into equipment, or install new equipment
- Cleaning and lubricating machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Clearing communications with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information
- Dismantling machines or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed
- The assembly and fitting of parts to make or repair machine tools
- Preparing working sketches for the illustration of product appearance