Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Light Equipment Operator to join our North Shore Asphalt team of talented employees!
- Operating a Rubbertire Backhoe/Excavator, Base Roller, Small Asphalt Roller, and Powerbroom
- Ability to do basic repairs and maintenance on the equipment such as lubricating, cleaning, and fueling
- Ability to perform connections between the equipment and its attachments; ability to use hand tools to accomplish these tasks
- Perform activities of a laborer when not operating the equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions such as cold, heat, and humidity.
- The maximum unassisted lift requirement is 51 pounds for all physical job descriptions
- Must observe all safety protocol
- Must have minimum of 1 year experience in the road or construction field, working outdoors in extreme weather
- Able to read, understand, and write simple sentences, and perform simple mathematical equations