Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Speciality: Commercial, Industrial, HVAC/R
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Relocation Assistance is available
Johnstone Supply will provide funds for moving and assistance with housing placement!
Johnstone Supply of New Orleans and Baton Rouge is one of the premier U.S. Distributors of parts and products to the HVAC/R Repair Trade (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Contractors), which also include MRO and property maintenance. We excel at providing technicians with over 60,000 products supported by superior technical advice and customer service so that we can get the job done. More information about our organization can be found on our website:
Inside Sales or Counter Sales primary function is to service and support the customers who phone, email, online order, fax or visit a Johnstone store. Responsibilities include merchandising and promotion activities, order processing, product application, pricing and all aspects of customer service. The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for customer service by engaging, actively listening, understanding and advising customers as to the products necessary to meet their needs. It is critical that they are knowledgeable of the products and operational procedures of Johnstone Supply.
No cold calling is required!!
It is critical that you have HVAC and Sales Experience to be successful in this role with Johnstone Supply.
Results and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Enters sales orders, and processes customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs. Assists with system or product troubleshooting and answering technical questions. Identifies alternate or substitute products to meet customer needs.
- Follows company pricing and credit guidelines
- Researches and sources product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites,cross reference guides, and industry and store contacts.
- Follows up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their order.
- Develops good working relationships and rapport with customers. Greets regular customers by name.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Discovers and communicates sales lead information to outside sales staff and management.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and websites, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
- Is organized and orderly in maintaining appropriate records.
- Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- 5 years of experience in a HVAC Sales position
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of HVACR industry, products and solutions
- Exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on customer relations
- Desire to support and meet the needs of customers, employees, and the company as a whole
- Ability to work with others in a team-based environment
- Computer literate and able to multi-task
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
Thank you for your interest, for immediate consideration apply today.