Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to join our Industrial team of talented employees!
- Operating a variety of equipment including Motor graders, excavators, front end loaders, rubbertire backhoes, and dozers
- Performing routine inspections and preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Performing other duties on the jobsite when not operating equipment
- Following all safety protocol
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
- Individually lift and carry weights up to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull weights up to 70 lbs.
- Observe all safety protocol
- Must have minimum of 3 yrs. experience in the road or construction field, working outdoors in extreme weather
- Be able to read, understand and write simple sentences, and perform simple mathematical equations
- TWIC CARD AND BASIC PLUS REQUIRED!
- Must have a minimum of 3 yrs. experience in operating Dozers, Skidsteer, Forklift, Trackhoe & Roller.