Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Foreman to join our Industrial team of talented employees!
- 5 yrs. of experience as a Foreman or General Foreman
- Experience in the Industrial or Petro-Chem market is preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid TWIC card
- Ensure safety of crew and public; comply with all safety initiatives, protocols, and procedures
- Plan, assign, coordinate and evaluate crews
- Develop employees
- Coordinate subcontractors, suppliers & equipment
- Monitor labor, haul, equipment production, and costing
- Track production
- Ensure operators maintain equipment and document usage
- Must understand job layouts, project specifications, blue prints, grade sheets, signage, GPS
- Must have basic computer skills
- Read/Interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of various forming system and applications
- Ability to correctly set anchor bolts
- Ability to correctly place rebar in framework
- Working knowledge of elevations and site layout
- Correctly installing and consolidating concrete framework
- Assessing and eliminating potential safety hazards
- Proper installations of sand, clay, limestone, etc.