Ameriforce is currently seeking an ERM / Branch Safety Representative in Lafayette,LA
Recruit new hires, coordinates open job orders, processes new employees for work, and retains current employees in line with customer needs. Plans, directs, and implements Local organization safety program elements and activities to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
Employee Relations Duties:
1. Prepare detailed payroll information
2. Maintain employee and other administrative files
3. Recruit candidates for open orders
4. Process orders for customers
5. Prepare job orders and send to recruiting department and other branches
6. Coordinate housing for employees
7. Distribute payroll to employees
8. Inspect timesheets presented to payroll for completeness and accuracy
9. Corrects any payroll issues that might arise
10. Process applications according to Ameri-Force Policy and Procedures
11. Screen applicants and determine if they are able to perform functions of jobs
12. Resolve employee issues
13. Makes any required changes to employee information such as change of address, phone numbers and updates note in eEmpAct System
14. Arranges for special checks, such as advances or bonus
15. Document in eEmpAct any information pertaining to jobs or employees
16. Perform aged invoice calls to customers to expedite payment of overdue invoices
17. Operate company vehicles.
Safety Representative Duties:
1. Act as the primary branch representative to assist Branch Managers in the day to day management of corporate safety/loss control policy, programs and goals.
2. Conduct new employee safety orientation.
3. Implement and manage approved corporate safety policy, programs, standards, and ensure employee awareness and compliance at the local level.
4. Schedule and conduct 10/30 hour OSHA training as required.
5. Conduct specialized safety related training as required [e.g., Fire Watch, Confined Space, Respirator, etc.]
6. Perform respirator FIT test as required.
7. Conduct periodic Site Safety Inspections.
8. Ascertain that safe practices and conditions are established at client worksites.
9. Maintain a strong and visible enforcement presence as an effective deterrent for employees and clients/customers who fail to meet their safety and health responsibilities.
10. Implement a safety communication programs to foster employee safety awareness.
11. Act as the primary agent for all area incident or near-miss investigations, provide analysis, and conduct follow-up actions as required.<bR>
12. Develop and promulgate a Branch specific Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 3 years related Maritime Safety related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required. ARC First Aid/CPR Instructor Certification. This position requires 25% travel, and qualified candidates must possess the ability to be on-call during non-scheduled work hours. Valid State Driver’s License.
Send all resumes to