Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Craftsman to join our Heavy Civil Construction team of talented employees!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing utility pipe for crew
- Cutting materials
- Hauling materials
- Hand grading
- Checking string lines
- Housekeeping at job site
- Checking safety protocol
- Laying out job materials according to plan
- Beginning of day set-up and end of day clean-up, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme conditions, such as cold, heat and humidity
- Employees must be able to lift 51 pounds for all physical job descriptions
- Must observe all safety protocol.
- Able to work with a wheelbarrow
- Hand tools
- Any other small piece of equipment used to move concrete and pipe
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience in the road or construction field
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience in underground utility work
- Minimum of 1 yr. experience working outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Be able to read and understand simple directions
- Must be able to read a tape measure, as well as perform simple mathematical equations.