Barriere Construction, founded in 1949, is a fourth-generation, family-owned asphalt and concrete paving, highway and heavy civil, and industrial construction company headquartered in New Orleans, LA. Like a road’s base installation, Barriere employees form the foundation of our business. Our entrepreneurial culture thrives on a diverse mix of abilities – allowing us to create innovative solutions while opening doors in new and emerging markets. Our reputation for ethical behavior enables us to attract and retain the best talent and loyal customers south Louisiana has to offer.
- Competitive Wage and Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account
We are currently searching for an experienced Carpenter to join our Industrial team of talented employees!
- Select materials and structural units (such as lumber, prefabricated doors, cabinets of wood or plastic, paneling) and ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Examine blueprints to determine dimensions of structure and lay out floor-plan and cabinetwork.
- Assign workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, and erecting wooden framework.
- May supervise workers engaged in building timber structures, such as cofferdams, trestles and supports for concrete forms.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience with form and commercial carpentry
- Must abide by all Barriere safety regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- MUST HAVE A VALID TWIC CARD & BASIC PLUS REQUIRED!